Pages

Tuesday 29 March 2016

Good Friday...



I enjoy Easter, but I used to think of Good Friday as a very solemn day, as it is the day where we reflect on the suffering of Jesus ending with his death on the cross.

That all changed this year...

I went to the service at Liverpool's Anglican Cathedral and expected it to be a solemn occasion, I couldn't have been more wrong.  The service was very moving; the choice of music from the choir throughout was simply beautiful and their singing was stunning, but, throughout the service we celebrated the cross and all that took place there.

I came away from the service feeling renewed in my faith, a faith that has taken a bit of a battering over the last few years.  I had a new sense of hope, hope in a God that I know loves us.


No comments:

Post a Comment